Your privacy is very important to us. We act in your interest and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us.
1) What type of personal data does huntingtrips.com.au collect?
In order to provide our services and help you to find and book a hunting experience there are certain pieces of information we ask for – your name, email address, your telephone number, other contact details, etc. You can also decide to provide additional details or submit special requests (e.g. certain preferences). In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device you’re using to access our services. This can include the IP address, the browser, and your language settings.
This is a basic overview of the information we collect, please find a lot more detail below.
Information you give to us
We collect and use information that you provide us. When you use our website to enquire directly to a hunting business listing on the website regarding an advertise hunting experience, you are asked for your name, email address and telephone number as a minimum.
If you need to get in touch with our customer support team or reach out to us through other means (e.g. communicating with an hunting business using huntingtrip.com.au enquiry forms), we’ll collect information from you there, too. You can also be asked to provide a review to help ensure future hunters get exactly what they’re looking for.
Information you give us about others
You might not just be enquiring about a hunting experience for yourself. You might be planning a experience with other hunters whose details you provide as part of the enquiry.
Information we collect automatically
Even if you don’t end enquiring about a hunting experience via our enquiry forms, when you visit huntingtrip.com.au website we automatically collect certain information. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use, and information about your computer or mobile device’s operating system, settings and characteristics, like application versions and language settings. We also collect information about clicks, session and page durations and which pages have been shown to you.
When you submit an enquiry form, our system registers through which means and from which websites you made your reservation or entered the huntingtrips.com.au website.
Information we receive from third parties
We might also receive information about you from other sources. First of all, these include our affiliate partners. Our services are not only made available through huntingtrips.com.au, but are also integrated into services of our affiliate partners you can find online. When you use some of these, you provide the enquiry to our affiliate partner, who then forward your details to us.
Another example is when a hunting business may share information about you with huntingtrips.com.au too – this may happen if you have any questions about our services or when, for example, disputes arise about a hunting experiance.
2) Why does huntingtrips.com.au collect and use your personal data?
The main reason we ask you for personal details is to better advertise world-class hunting trips and ensure you get the best service and customer experience possible. Your personal information might be used in the following ways:
- Hunting listing enquires: First and foremost, we use your personal data to send this information to the relevant hunting business, which is essential to what we do as a company.
- Customer service: Sharing your personal details, such as your name, contact details or listing details with our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you find an appropriate hunting business or responding to any questions you might have.
- Marketing activities: For example, we might use your contact information to send you our news or special offers from 3rd party hunting businesses/brands which we believe may be of interest to you when you fill out a listing contact form.
- You can unsubscribe from marketing newsletters communications quickly, easily and anytime – just click on the “Unsubscribe” link included in every newsletter.
- Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch with you. We might send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with huntingtrips.com.au or the hunting trip provider.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. When you’re invited to participate, review the information provided to better understand what personal data is collected and how it used.
- Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, and improving the functionality and quality of our online services.
Providing your personal data to huntingtrips.com.au is voluntary. However, depending on the type of service you want to use, we might only be able to provide you with this service if certain personal data is collected. For instance, we cannot process a hunting listing enquiry if we don’t collect your name, email address and phone number.
3) How does huntingtrips.com.au share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we share your personal data with third parties. The primary purpose is to share relevant personal data with the hunting business you have enquired into. There are also other parties that can receive some of your data. Please see below more detail about that.
- Hunting businesses listed on our website: In order to complete your hunting trip enquiry form submission, we transfer relevant details to the hunting trip provider. Depending on the type of listing and the providers requirements, this can include your name, email address, phone number and other information you specified when you made the enquiry.
- Business Partners: We work with a number of business partners, which distribute or advertise the huntingtrips.com.au services. First of all, these include our affiliate partners.
- Advertising partners – We may send information you have provided to us to advertising businesses seeking our services.
- Competent Authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud or if we’re otherwise legally obliged to do so.
4) How does huntingtrips.com.au process direct communications between you and Outfitters?
Huntingtrips.com.au offers you the enquirey from on hunt listing pages to communicate directly with Hunting Trip Providers and send them questions and inquiries about the their hunting trips and tours, directing the communications through huntingtrips.com.au.
Huntingtrips.com.au accesses communications and may use automated systems to review and analyze communications for security purposes; fraud prevention; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; product development and improvement; research; and customer or technical support.
We reserve the right to block the delivery of or review communications that we, in our sole discretion, believe may contain malicious content, spam, or may pose a risk to you, hunting trip providers, huntingtrips.com.au or others.
Please note that all communications sent or received using huntingtrips.com.au communication tools will be received and stored by huntingtrips.com.au.
5) How does huntingtrips.com.au use social media?
We use social media in different ways and for different purposes. We use it partly to promote our hunting trip provider’s products and services and to advertise, improve and facilitate our own services.
- Integration of social media plugins: We also have integrated social media plugins into the huntingtrips.com.au website. This means that when you click on one of the buttons (such as Facebook’s “Like” button) certain information is shared with these social media providers.
7) What security procedures does huntingtrips.com.au use to safeguard your personal data?
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard your personal data. We also use security procedures, technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
8) How does huntingtrips.com.au treat personal data about children?
Our services are not directed at children under 18 years old. By using the website and it’s “services” you acknowledge that you are either 18 years or older. If we become aware that we process information of a child under 18 years, we reserve the right to delete it.
9) How can you control the personal data you’ve given to huntingtrips.com.au?
You always have the right to review and control the personal information we keep and use about you. You can do this in the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you, though you may be able to make such changes yourself as explained below;
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block, or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data;
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you’ve given us to a third party.
Where we use your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law.
If you are registered as a hunting trip provider in the website, you can access a significant amount of your personal data through your dashboard. Our website presents you with the option to add, update or remove information we have about you.